If you read my previous post on inspiring Instagram images, you may remember that I just briefly discussed Mavie Cosmetics. Well, I’m back now with a full post on them since the line just launched yesterday! I love it when a new brand is born, don’t you? If you’re interested I encourage you to visit their website which is now up and running.
Below you’ll find a description of what Mavie is all about. As mentioned in my previous post, this brand is marketing itself as a producer of confidence–boosting and empowering cosmetics, as evidenced by their choice of product names.
What is Mavie.?
Mavie. is all about empowering each other — you and me — by exploring our own uniqueness, qualities, and potentials, together through makeup. Each of our collections is created to shed positive lights on the daily life. We understand our inner beauty is as important as how we look. And we want to help achieve the healthy connection and balance between the inner self and appearance.
Because let’s face it, don’t we all feel darn powerful and confident when we look good? For many of us, putting on makeup isn’t just about vanity, it’s about putting on your warpaint and getting ready to take charge.
Ever feel you can take on the world when you’re wearing that power lipstick?
That is Mavie.
At the time of launch, Mavie has eye, cheek & lip cosmetic products only. In this post, I will briefly take you through each category and its respective products. Just a disclaimer, I have not tried any of these products yet so I cannot attest or comment on overall quality, nor can I provide swatches. (You can check Mavie’s Instagram stories for swatches.) This post is purely meant as an introduction to the brand.
Before we get into the categories, here are some fast facts about the brand.
- Only ships within the U.S. at the time of launch. They plan on expanding overseas in the future.
- All products are cruelty–free, formulated without parabens or gluten.
- All eyeshadow palettes are also vegan–friendly.
- Prices range from $12.00 – $23.00.
- All sales are final (no returns or exchanges), but they will replace items broken in transit.
Now let’s get into the products!
EYES – Shop here
- Six 9-pan “Take Me To…” eyeshadow palettes priced @ $23.00 each
- Take Me To Santorini
- Take Me to Paris
- Take Me to Los Angeles
- Take Me to Stockholm
- Take Me To Tokyo
- Take Me to Hong Kong
- Two “Hustle & Bustle” eyeshadow quads priced @ $17.00 each
- Hustle & Bustle #1
- Hustle & Bustle #2
Out of all these color schemes, my eye keeps coming back to the Take Me To Paris & the Take Me To Stockholm Palettes. I love the pinks, the subtle neutrals & that mint green shade in the Paris Palette. And the Stockholm Palette just looks so chic to me! You could probably create some really lovely, soft daytime looks with both color stories, which is my favorite kind of look to achieve!
CHEEKS – Shop here
- Four “The Motto Blushes” (powder blush singles) priced @ $14.00 each
- Let Your Light Shine – coral, with matte finish
- Do It For You – nude pink, with matte finish
- Take the Risk or Lose the Chance – medium pink, with satin finish
- I Can And I Will – nude to coral, with satin finish
Personally I’m not too excited by these blushes. On screen the colors all look like a variation of the same thing. And by the time they’re applied and sheered out on the cheek, they’ll probably give the same effect. It would be nice to see a deeper berry tone or mauve in the line to break up all the pink & peach. Hopefully that will be forthcoming in the future.
LIPS – Shop here
- Eight “Power Charms” Lipsticks priced between $12.00 – $13.00
- Confidence – glossy finish – $13.00
- Resilience – satin finish – $12.00
- Curiosity – matte finish – $13.00
- Strength – satin finish – $12.00
- Leadership – satin finish – $12.00
- Wisdom – satin finish – $12.00
- Positivity – glossy finish – $13.00
- Inspiration – glossy finish – $13.00
These look nice but not anything particularly special. I’ll probably wait to hear some reviews before I try anything. I do love a good satin texture though. I don’t understand why there’s a $1.00 price difference in half of the lipstick shades.
What do you think of this new launch? Do any of the products tickle your fancy? I’d love to know!